About Me

My photo
Atlanta, GA, United States

Saturday, September 10, 2011

I don't make soap.

The subject says it all.  I don't make soap or fine soap products.  I have pondered the idea but there are SO many other people out there that already do, & do a good job of it too!  AND know what they are doing.  I know very little about it but I do love trying all sorts of products from new people, learning about their processes & what makes them great or different from others.  I love companies who are animal & environmental friendly also & most are these days.

I know there is cold processing & hot processing & from what I have read, cold processing is better, creates a milder soap for the skin.  That it is impossible to create soap without lye. (If I am wrong on this & someone has beat the system on soap making w/out lye, get in contact with me!)  There are body washes, shampoos & detergents that have & do not have SLS/SLES (Sodium Lauryl Sulfate/Sodium Laureth Sulfate).  Castile soaps are supposedly the most gentle soaps created using 100% olive oil.  There is great debate over which is better, sugar scrubs, or salt scrubs?

 I'm hoping once I re-organize all my products I can take some pictures & post them.  When my mother used to do cross stitch she had SO MANY books w/patterns & I used to joke with her & tell her that she must complete a project from every single book & it would take her the rest of her life to do it.  So my father mentioned something the other day about how I have so many bath products it will take me the rest of my life to use up all of them.  He's probably right.  I do stock up on certain things that I do give out as gifts also though.  Eventually I will also post the amazing transformation that my bathroom went when I purchased this place.  It was horrid!

I am expecting some eBay items today.  USPS tracking isn't very good.  Until the mail comes I think I am going to work on some decos.  Eventually I'll explain these.  Oh, I also collect postage stamps, & photograph & try to identify insects in my community.  I hate spiders though.  Like, phobia hate, run out of room screaming at the tiniest one hate.

No comments:

Post a Comment