About Me

My photo
Atlanta, GA, United States

Thursday, July 10, 2014

New products from Influenster! Including Not Your Mother's Beach Babe #NYMBeachBabe

I received some cool products from Influenster for testing & review purposes.  Here's an overview, then reviews of that I received!

Surfs Up Vox Box! from Influenster Overview:



  • Both retail up to $5.99 for 8oz.
  • About the product: The texturizing shampoo and conditioner will condition, hydrate and add volume to your hair.  Its salon formula shampoo contains kelp extract, while the conditioner contains sweet almond oil, and both contain aloe leaf extract, coconut extract, and mineral oil to help give you that beach babe look. 
  • What I thought: It was definitely an effective product!  The formula conditioned my hair well and gave it nice, summery waves even for short hair.  Only a little bit is needed to lather in well.  The only thing I could not get past was the scent.  It was too strong of an artificial coconut smell for me and gave me a headache.      
  • I would buy them if they smelled better. 

  • Retails up to $8.99 for 6oz.
  • About the product: This product will give you 24 hours of moisture with its shea and mango butters, and silk protein infused formula.  In addition, it refreshes, soothes and cools after-sun skin with aloe gel. Its papaya and coconut scented and goes on lightweight.  Apply generously and evenly after showering or whenever skin feels dry. 
  • What I thought: Boy was I happy to get this after I got a terrible sunburn on my shoulder!  I had been using a different after sun lotion but that was very light and didn't last long so I was constantly reapplying it.  This stuff is AMAZING! It smells fantastic and I even got a compliment on the scent.  I actually started using this around the time my burn started peeling and a small bit was able to cover a large spot and immensely moisturize it.  It really lasts but I wouldn't say it's lightweight, which is how they describe it.  It kept me from looking like a burned, peeling, dry skinned mess!This will be replacing my other after sun lotions & it's fantastic on burns! 
  • I will buy this. 

Nail Polish in Sage Rose by SinfulColors.

  •  Retails up to $1.99 for 0.5oz.
  • About the product: Sinful Colors is made in the USA without formaldehyde, toluene and DBP.  Up to 20 new and affordable collections are made every year.  They are known for vivid shades that pop, in cream, glitter, shimmer and matte finishes that provide full color coverage.  
  • What I thought: The color I got, Sage Rose, is actually from their "Spice It Up!" collection which came out late 2013.  So I'll be honest I was a bit disappointed in the fact I wasn't getting something new.  I was also afraid the color was going to streaky because you could see silver lines in the polish bottle where the polish had settled during shipping.  I was extremely surprised after applying just one coat, how streak free and beautiful the color ended up being.  In the picture above I only used one coat of polish and it looked great, though it could have used 2 coats.  It lasted a good week with the normal chips I see in the normal places they end up being before I decided to change it. 
  • I will buy their polishes in the future.


  • Retails  $29.99 for 12, 1.35oz bottles on Amazon.
  • About the product: With FDA compliant active ingredients such as choline salicylate, a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) used to treat pain, and caffeine to increase alertness, decrease fatigue, and improve muscle coordination.  This berry flavored liquid shot will work quicker than most pills that need time to digest.  Open it up, drink it until it's gone, then wait for the pain to quickly go away! 
  • What I thought: It works and it works QUICK!  I took this at work at an onset of a headache and my pain diminished in mere minutes!  It smelled great, but the taste was awful and very medicinal.  I couldn't wait to eat or drink something else that would wash the taste away!  The caffeine made me very jittery also.  Unless they can fix the taste...    
  • I wouldn't buy this.

Another cool thing I got in my box was a coupon for a free Jamba Juice At Home Smoothie and $1 off another.  I'll be writing a separate post for that though.

Did I also mention I am on Pinterest now?  Well, if not, you know now!

No comments:

Post a Comment