About Me

My photo
Atlanta, GA, United States

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Chatterbug on Twitter.

Diamond Candles just had a chat party on Twitter.  I learned about it just before it started, plus I had never done one of these before, so I didn't post about it on here.  They are having another one on Valentine's Day!  So, if you will not be busy, mark you calendars & chat it up!  You might win a candle of theirs!  Follow them on Facebook & Twitter to see when it starts.  You will need to have a Twitter account for this!

If you're old school like me, you'll understand why I will say it's just like mIRC.  There will be a designated chat room for you & other fans.  They suggested, as I did, opening a 2nd window directly to their Twitter feed so you wouldn't miss any of their specific tweets.  The feed went really fast & it was supposed to last for an hour, ended up being 2-1/2 hours!  It even crashed my browser twice after a ton of script errors.  Oh my!

I didn't win anything but it was still fun.  They asked questions, re-tweeted (RT) and replied to a lot of posts.  I replied, RT & posted a bunch on my own.  They would randomly pick winners & will send you a direct message also to make sure you know you won.  It was fun seeing the ideas of others, and, I admit, it made me really hungry too.☺  I didn't just chat with DC, I also chatted with other Twitter users.

Here's a few (non-enforced) rules about chat:

(1) Chat it up.
  • If you don't, you won't get noticed.  You won't win.  You just won't have any fun!

(2) Be friendly:
  • Introduce yourself.  Say hello to everyone.  Acknowledge others.

(3) Watch what you say:
  • You're in a room with more people you do not know then you do.  You don't know their beliefs or backgrounds.  You don't want an internet mob after you.  Don't swear or use any derogatory terms that may offend someone else.  You might not only get banned from chat (& future chats) & all the fun, but you could end up on a site like this one.  All they need is a screen shot folks, & it ain't just celebrities that get called out on their tweets.

(4) Don't complain!
  • Simple.  No one likes a complainer.  Don't be all like, "Oh everyone else won & I didn't." Or, "How come I haven't won?"  Stuff like that.  If I were moderating a chat & giving things away, you would be the last person I would want to give anything to.  Be glad you even knew about it or had the opportunity.  Thank the company for holding the chat & congratulate the winners.  Don't be a Debbie downer.

(5) Turn off Twitter sharing to other accounts temporarily:
  • My tweets are automatically shared to my facbook page and, as I learned with this chat, EVERYTHING was transferring over to my facebook page!  If you get into it you will have a ton of tweets that will seem to not make sense to people on different platforms & in different feeds.  All of a sudden on facebook there's a random, "LOL," here or an "I agree!  That sounds great!" there.

I  hope if anyone I was chatting with sees this, that they had as much fun as I did.  Depending what time the next chat is on Valentine's Day, I may be in for a bit to say hello!  If you decide to join the chat, have fun & GOOD LUCK!!

No comments:

Post a Comment