About Me

My photo
Atlanta, GA, United States

Saturday, December 3, 2011

(most) Bath goodness has arrived!


Those are my new Yankee Candle samps that I am using for Mixology as of now.  Festive!  They are having a 30% off your entire purchase ending tomorrow.  Use code FF211 online or print this coupon for stores.  Can you believe they are already coming out w/their new spring fragrances!?

This weekend I need to decorate. Instead, what do I do?  I go shopping.  Today was more craft shopping w/my mom but I also put away & organized a lot of my gifts that I received throughout the week.  Out of all the stuff I snatched up for Black Friday, the only thing I am still waiting on is my package from Me Bath!  That's what I get for free shipping though everything else I ordered on the same day, earlier, or even LATER was already received by Friday.  Even my Lush UK order!  I already received that!!

So that start, this is everything I got in my package:


Don't mind the cat tower to the left & to my Betties & friends, don't inspect the photo too closely because there are some gifts in their for you.  Maybe later I will make a post w/everything I got but this is probably the best order I have ever had w/them as far as shipping & receiving.  So I saved close to $170 by placing the order through the UK & not through NA & most the bombs & melts are put in biodegradable plastic now!  Only a few bombs were still crushed in the package & 1 bubble bar, the Superstar, as it was one of few not wrapped up.  Still all salvageable.  Last year a bunch of bombs came crushed & the stupid post woman was all complaining because "powder" was coming from the package.  I had to go to the post after hours to pick it up & they even called my home phone because they were "concerned" about the package.  Ugh.

Now I also placed an order with Sephora.  I hate crowds & could have went into their store but I usually can get everything I want online & w/what I end up spending it always ends up being free shipping.  So, why leave my house & have to deal w/the bah-humbugs of shopping.  Oh you know they are out there, especially on Black Friday!!

Here are some things I got:

Tokidoki bag w/samples.

Fresh - Citron de Vigne Set

Everything else.

Dior - Addict To Life 500 point perk.

Milton wants to inspect the stash & get pets.

Tarte - All About Lips natural sugar exfoliator.

A lot of perfume samples that I will soon inspect & if I really can't handle something I'll usually give it away.  I can be pretty particular about my scents.  Mostly strong florals is what I cannot handle.  Like today when we went to this craft fair at this school, this one older woman was doused in some strong smelling floral perfume & I got a whiff of it & ended up sneezing almost the entire time I was there it was so strong!  Even some perfumes I like & own I end up sneezing a few times when I 1st apply it but then my nose usually settles down.  I'm a sucker for good scents.

I also really like how the Tarte sugar exfoliator top comes w/a mirror on it.  I actually didn't know the base held it closed, so when I opened it I got the surprise.  Cute!


Now I also got 6 wonderful smelling, small tumbler candles from Yankee Candle as 2 ended up being free but they are all gifts so I am not going to post any pics of them on here.

*


Today was a kind of amusing day.  I went to Barnes & Noble because my "secret santa" for our work exchange wanted a book.  Well, there were 3 things listed.

  • James Patterson Books (new)
  • iTunes Gift Card
  • Irish Hat

Ok.  So I have NO clue what an Irish hat is, & I would rather support reading a good novel than wasting $ on electronic songs where if your hard drive that they are on crashes you could lose everything.  I see a brand new novel by James Patterson but the list said book(S) & the new novel is close to $30 which is double the amount we are supposed to spend.  To make the matter worse, I got my own supervisor!  So I see the new, new novel but there are a million other novels by him & I'm getting confused because he didn't list the name of the book & put the "s" after the word book.  So the secret is out because I texted him & yelled at him for being too vague in his list & he texted back laughing at me telling me it is the new book & that he has all the others, & since it's not a secret anymore I told him I'd save the paper wrapping it.  Ha!  I did find it for our limit on Amazon & ended up getting a  the newest Keane CD for myself which got me free shipping.  Got it to all work out.

Speaking of Amazon, I placed an order w/them the other week & received all my items all at the same time except 1 particular thing that I was getting for myself & also for a gift.  2 of 1 item, so there is no confusion.  I checked online & the missing item said it was in stock & under my order it advised the order was placed & that was that.  I sent them a simple "What's up with that?" e-mail & w/in 24 hours I had a response apologizing & they gave me a free upgrade to 1 day shipping.  Needless to say the item is on its way & I should have it Monday.  They didn't even need to upgrade the shipping & I still would have been fine as long as they got the order going but it was great customer service online!  Very happy.

*

More good customer service came from Keurig this week.  Things have been hectic & I got my Keurig about a year ago as a giveaway from work.  Now I have been having a bunch of on/off trouble with the machine here & there.  It filling up cups too little or not enough on the settings I selected.  Once it wasn't even dispensing water & the program screen locked up.  Usually these always ended up correcting themselves & didn't happen all that often.

But last week Chris & I were sitting on our couch watching TV & all of a sudden we heard the Keurig machine start going & we can hear the water flushing out of the machine.  So we quickly go into the kitchen & unplug the machine.  Later we try plugging it back in again & the program screen is completely blank.  It has been broken ever since.  So I'm hoping again it may just correct itself & wait a few days, still nothing.  Start doing some research online & there are a ton of problems w/the machines being reported.

I'll be honest, I would never buy a Keurig.  I find the K-Cups to be very wasteful on the environment & I can wait a few minutes to heat up a little water if I really want something.  I'm thinking the product may not be under warranty anymore considering it was most likely purchased over a year ago & since I got it from my job I don't have the receipt.

So I decided to call them & advise of what was going on & do some troubleshooting.  The guy I got on the phone was very professional & friendly.  Had me do a few things that I probably already did a bunch of times before I called, he checked the serial # & said it was under warranty so they are shipping me a new one.  All I have to do is pay to send back some part that was in the old one as proof that I had the machine.  No problem.

I didn't think it was going to be easy.  I thought they were going to make me ship them the whole machine, or take it somewhere to be fixed.  That's what happened w/my Cannon camera that had a defect.  I had to mail them the camera & then they mailed it back to me.  I was ready to be frustrated but everything is working out well.

*

I hope to get back to posting some more daily baths & product reviews soon.  Done for now!

Milton enjoying the crinkly paper from my shipments.

No comments:

Post a Comment