I miss NY... to a point. I'm NOT changing the blog name from The Soap Lady NY to The Soap Lady GA. Most of my heart still belongs to NY and always will. Though I have thought about it. There have been ups & downs, as usual. I'll try to have a post about them later.
I have a new, resident cosmetologist in the home, Kiah, who will be helping me with some of my beauty posts, like the one you will see today! She has her cosmetology license from NY, is working on getting her GA license, and has the youth I no longer have as I'm pushing the age of 40. 😅 You'll understand the youth reference in a bit when we get to our review.
- Retails for $9.99 at Ulta.
- About the Product:
- Gives lips a holographic, iridescent glow.
- Lips feel moisturized and smooth, never sticky.
- Made with pomegranate, grape and raspberry oils.
- Available in 8 sheer, easy to wear, high-shine shades.
- As always, hypoallergenic & fragrance free.
- How To Use: Apply to lips. Pretty simple. Some tips are to:
- Rock it solo for an iridescent glow on lips.
- Mix & match shades to create infinite ombré looks.
- Layer over lipstick for a transformative holographic effect.
- What We Thought: Immediately when I opened the package & saw the color I was like, "Yeah, this is NOT the shade for me." The color we received was Rainbow (swatch to the right). I'm more of a neutral & natural colors person when it comes to makeup, so I was hoping to get it in a color like Cosmic. Oh well. So I call my resident cosmetologist (Kiah) over & am like, "Hey, I got this gloss but don't like the color, you want to try it & give me a review?" She immediately swatches it & starts telling me about how it's well pigmented, so I knew it was a yes before she even stated it. Onto her review:
- It's very pigmented & so the color is really nice & lasts almost all day. I had to re-apply only once after lunch. It's comparable to the Grand Illusion Glossy Liquid Lipcolour by MAC but it's a LOT less sticky, very smooth, settles into your lips well, & doesn't shift like theirs. Plus MAC's price is $21, so the Goddess Gloss is 1/2 the price. The Goddess Gloss applicator is also nicer & doesn't make a mess when used like the MAC brand tends to, by getting all over the bottle & my hands. It didn't have any scent or flavor to it. It's a fun color for a party or going out, it's not a casual color.
- I might buy it in a different color. Kiah would buy this.
|Kiah rocking the solo look!|
Ulta is currently having a sale on these where you can buy one & get one 50% off! CLICK HERE to get yours! Also, let me know which color is your favorite?
I hope to get back into the swing of things & post more often. THANKS Kiah for your help & I hope to collaborate on more posts with you later!
This post was sponsored by Almay as part of a sampling activation for Crowdtap. I received complimentary products to facilitate my review.